This may be a silly question!!

S

Stoo

I currently own a 30gig iPod and she who ought to be obeyed has been lusting after an iPod mini (I'll let you all guess in which colour!).

My problem is I only have one iMac which already has more than 15gig on music on it and as we all know the mini iPod holds about 7gig.

What happens when I try to connect a second iPod to my Mac? And what happens when I have 15gig of music trying to fit its self into 7gig?

Please help, I'm sure that this has already been thought of but typically in the UK there are not knowledgeable staff when it comes to anything Mac!

Thanks in anticipation.

Stu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if you hook another ipod to your mac, itll erase all your music in itunes, or try to sync it all to the ipod unless you have that ipod in manual update mode. then you can just add the songs you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
It actually only holds about 3.8 gig of music. When you first plug it in you get the option to name it and set it to automatic update or manual update: set it to manual update and then simply start dragging across the songs, albums and playlists you want that'll fit onto it.

The settings of each iPod are stored on the pod and not the mac you're plugging it into so it won't try to automatically update unless you tell it to. Because you'll have the mini set to manual update, you'll have full control of what does and doesn't go on there, your other pod will function as normal.

Get one they're lovely, I just got one for my girlfriend. So much nicer than I expected, and i expected them to be lush!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yes exactly, if I was you, Id set both ipods to manual, then you can delete the music from your hd if you want and it stays on your ipod. if you run short on space I mean.

OP
W

Wapa18

Macman said:
if you hook another ipod to your mac, itll erase all your music in itunes

that's just not true. when you connect an ipod to your mac, it'll never mess with what you have on your computer. it may delete what's already on the ipod, but it will give you the option of doing that or not before it actually does it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.