Anybody have Dell 2155cn MF color laser printer?

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
Come with great reviews, and available on Mac Mall for $308.99. Says it works with OS X, curious if anyone here has one and what they think.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Regardless of any reviews, good or bad, the first thing I would do before purchasing that particular color laser printer is ask about the price of the toner cartridges.

We had a Dell color laser printer at our church that used 4 toner cartridges at the cost of $90 each. The biggest drawback of any color laser printer is the cost of consumables. Color ink jets nowadays give great results and are much more economical.

Just some food for thought.....

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
I have a highly rated Epson MF inkjet, and the ink refills are eating me alive. They simply don't last. A full color refill is well over 50 bucks, and I bet I don't get 200 sheets out of them. I constantly have to run the print head clean utility to have something half way decent, and "Full quality" just drains the ink. I see the toner carts for this dell printer are about $100 each, but are rated for 2500 copies. Since toner doesn't dry out, I have to think it will last a whole lot longer and be no more expensive in the long run

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I also have an Epson high quality Ink Jet but I buy generic refillable cartridges from an internet supplier at about one third the cost of a new cartridge. I have never had a problem with the generic refillable cartridges and they last just as long as the so called genuine Epson ones. I keep a HP Black and White laser printer handy here in my home office for large jobs that do not require color. Using a color Ink Jet for both color and BW jobs is wasteful. I buy generic BW toner cartridges for the HP at around $27.00 each for a medium sized filled cartridge which will last for around 2000 pages.

BTW, Dell color laser printers are high quality printers; in that regard they are certainly worth the price if you are able to put aside the cost of consumables. Just make sure the Dell is compatible with the latest version of OS X before you buy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.