Problems with photos!!!

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my photos on my iPad 3. When i go into iTunes and try to change from my computer file for my photos to iPhoto and then try to sync it tells me I am "Over capacity by xx.x gb" . I don't understand this. I have used iTunes to manage my stuff on my iPad since I've had it.

How do I get rid of all the photos on my iPad so I can have room for the other photos from iPhoto??? Help please.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your iPad has limited storage capacity like any other storage device. Why do you need to have so many photos on your iPad anyway? Keep them on your Mac or an external hard drive if you a large amount. As far as making more room available on your iPad, backup everything to your Mac or to iCloud and reset your iPad and start over.

C

chas_m

Your iPhoto library is likely to be larger than your storage on your iPad, so what you need to do is to go into iTunes with your iPad connected and tell it which albums or events (like just recent photos, etc) you'd like to have synced.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your iPhoto library is likely to be larger than your storage on your iPad, so what you need to do is to go into iTunes with your iPad connected and tell it which albums or events (like just recent photos, etc) you'd like to have synced.

Maybe i didn't make myself clear. I'm hooked up to iTunes and I am trying to switch from photos from files on my computer and go to iPhoto which has a smaller amount of albums. Well when I do this iTunes tells me that I am over capacity.

So what appears to be happening is the photos on my iPad are not being erased or wiped when I am trying to switch to the iPhoto albums. This should not be happening, right? Now either my iPad is going T. U on me or something else?!?!

I am trying to pare down the apps and other ways to make space, but it doesn't appear to be working. I'm beginning to think the iPad is messing up? What do you guys think?

OP
R
Reaction score
I am having a problem with my photos on my iPad 3. When i go into iTunes and try to change from my computer file for my photos to iPhoto and then try to sync it tells me I am "Over capacity by xx.x gb" . I don't understand this. I have used iTunes to manage my stuff on my iPad since I've had it.

How do I get rid of all the photos on my iPad so I can have room for the other photos from iPhoto??? Help please.

I think I am having a hardware problem. When I try to sync my iPad and it goes through all the steps, a box pops up and tells me that the sync couldn't be done because the connection was lost with my iPad !!! As I speak it is charging and the connection is sound.

Any thoughts on this? I don't know what else to do!!!

OP
R
Reaction score
I finally got everything working. I rebooted the iPad and my iMac. It was a software problem. all is working nicely now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.