New Mac Book or old mac book pro?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a first generation single core 17" mac book pro (2.16 Ghz - 2GM ram X1600 w.256 mb vram).
My question is this,
I use Maya and photoshop allot so video performance is very important to me.
I don't want to spend what they are asking for a new 17" but the local shop will take my 17" in trade towards a new laptop and I was wondering this:
Is the new 13" mack book as good as my 2 year old+ mac pro? I know if will take more ram which would be nice and I am kind of partial to the smaller overall size since I ride my bicycle to work allot now.
No one can really answer if the new machine (MAc book) would be better than the 17" Mack Pro I have.
On the specs and surface it seems better but i want some more expert opinions!
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have a first generation single core 17" mac book pro (2.16 Ghz - 2GM ram X1600 w.256 mb vram).

I use Maya and photoshop

Is the new 13" mack book as good as my 2 year old+ mac pro?
No, it isn't better.

I'm a designer myself.

If you can trade it in, do so and get the newer 15" MBP.
Also be sure to get more RAM for the machine and you should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
processor and ram wise, the new 13 uni will be better. But, I have seen all photoshop processes running on the new 9400m and there isn't really anything to complain about. I would pick the new 15 though. the top model adds the 9600m gt with 512 of memory ram.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.