Macbook Pro A1150 battery replacement

Reaction score
My friend needs a new battery for his '15 A1150 laptop, and he asked me to buy one for him. (It only lasts for about ten minutes before the laptop powers down.)

Do I need to buy an OEM replacement? Are there online stores I should avoid? I want to make sure he gets a "fresh" one; I'm told that that is important.

I looked on Apple's website, and his model is not one of the ones that has to be replaced by an authorized service provider. (Replacing the battery in MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later)

Are there replacements for this battery that have more or fewer "cells" in them?

The way I usually buy things like this is to simply enter the model number and the part I need in a Google search window, and then I buy whatever is least expensive and accepts PayPal. Here's the result for that search.

Are any of those guys better than the others? Sorry to bother you about this, but, since it's not for me, I want to minimize the chance for a mistake.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

OP
S
Reaction score
I did, BTW, search your forum, and found this. Just didn't want you to think that I was lazy bum or something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.