update gmail with new emails

Reaction score
Hi there,
Not sure if problem started when i set up my ipod to access my gmail email. I no longer get updates on new emails thru my macbook pro. My last email is from 24 hours ago and does not receive new emails. I can access the gmail account but no new emails come through. It appears that i can send out, emails don't come through. Consequently i have closed and deleted accessing my gmail email from the ipod thinking this might be the issue. But that has not helped. The settings on the gmail account are set for imap and pop accessibility.
This is very concerning for me as this is my primary email. Not sure what to do next?!?!? Help would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

OP
T
Reaction score
further info on updating gmail

i think the problem might have started when i deleted emails through my ipod

OP
T
Reaction score
emails going to trash folder

there has been no response, has anyone else encountered this problem and if so how did you get it to work

thank you

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You mention both IMAP and POP..which is it? You really want to use IMAP so that emails (read or not) will show up everywhere..if ANY of the places uses POP..then the email goes away..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.