2009 mac pro Wifi card install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 17" 320GB hdd 2 Gb Ram DVI Alu + Mac Pro 2x2.26 quad
hi folks i have recently received my MPro back from repairer all ok finally bought for £495 2x quad 2.26+ 6Gb ram couldn't pass it up good job was under warranty they replaced the case the PSU and the main backboard .
have just bought this
Toshiba AR5BXB72 802.11N XSPAN 300Mbps Mini PCI-E
wifi card to install into new case has the 3 wire wifi array in the base but when i installed it and plugged the 3 antenas into it the mac just stopped working and something about the bluetooth onto the screen.
and the usb ports stopped working no keyboard etc when i removed it all went back to normal could any one advise if i need to but a apple one or could i use something else to make my pro wireless
thanks in advance

nelo

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not familiar with inner workings of your Mac Pro but it's obvious that card you purchased is either defective or you're hooking it up incorrectly. Go to this website and see if you can find out how the wireless card is supposed to be installed:

iFixit: The free repair manual

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
May have been better to get technicians to install an Airport Extreme card. That model Mac Pro has three antenna leads and uses 2 and 3. Have not inadvertently connected the Bluetooth card antenna lead?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 17" 320GB hdd 2 Gb Ram DVI Alu + Mac Pro 2x2.26 quad
hi harry B the card had 3 sockets on so just connected the 3 leads to them
there is a separate Bluetooth card on the other side of the back board with a wire allready attached
will look into ifixit as suggested and let them know
thanks
nelo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.