keyboard issue...

Reaction score
whenever am typing my work my macbook keeps auto-typing backslashes..has anyone else experienced this and can help me out????? thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
whenever am typing my work my macbook keeps auto-typing backslashes..has anyone else experienced this and can help me out????? thanx

It sounds like the \ key is stuck. Does it do that when you are not actively typing?

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. It will randomly happen, not necessarily when I'm typing, and I hardly even use the backslash key. I have to restart the computer to fix the problem. I would like to hear of any possible solution. I have the MBP unibody from 2009.

Reaction score
Automatic Backslashes

Hi, just had this problem. Took it to the genius bar and they said they needed to replace the bottom part of the computer. It's going to take about 5 days and $170. Probably happened due to regular wear and tear of the keyboard and trackpad. Or can also happen they said if you spill something on it. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Backslash key pressed automatically

Hi,

Is there a way to reslove this issue without visiting the apple store?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are you having the exact issue with the backslash key as the others here?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.