• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Tripod for iPad mini?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro - 2.5GHz Intel Core i5
I just spent the past week looking for a pocket camera so I could add some how-to video's and such to my blog, then suddenly remembered.. hey, I have an iPad! Thinking it will do the trick, 1080p HD and plenty of storage.. but now, how to get it set up for filming?

Any suggestions? Looking for something that will fit over the Otterbox I have it in, but most of the ones I am finding online are the exact size of the mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
You will get the best results searching "iPad Mini Tripod Mount" on Amazon. There are plenty. I have a mount for my iPhone, but not my iPad, I never really consider it a camera, just too big.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro - 2.5GHz Intel Core i5
Thanks for the replies.

Amazon was the first place I went, but most were the stands you clip your iPad into, meaning I would have to take it out of its otterbox to use the mount. Was looking for something that would fit with the otterbox attached.

Thanks for the reply Boyd! Think that would accommodate an iPad mini with the extra bulk of the case?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.