Problem with iBook G4 screen

C

charla317

Well, it seems as though I am having an issue with my nine month-old iBook G4 laptop. I have never had a problem with it up until now, but a couple of days after returning home from college, I turned on my PC to discover that there is some sort of problem with the screen. Pictures, icons, menus, cursors, etc. appear pixellated, while colors are distorted. Blacks appear to be a fluorescent green and blues are a bright magenta. The problem is especially apparent if I attempt to watch a DVD. Any ideas on what the problem might be, and how, if possible, to correct it? I'm very concerned, I hope it isn't too serious...thank you.... :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
charla317 said:
Well, it seems as though I am having an issue with my nine month-old iBook G4 laptop. I have never had a problem with it up until now, but a couple of days after returning home from college, I turned on my PC to discover that there is some sort of problem with the screen. Pictures, icons, menus, cursors, etc. appear pixellated, while colors are distorted. Blacks appear to be a fluorescent green and blues are a bright magenta. The problem is especially apparent if I attempt to watch a DVD. Any ideas on what the problem might be, and how, if possible, to correct it? I'm very concerned, I hope it isn't too serious...thank you.... :headphone

Nine months old? You're still under warranty.

Call 1-800-MY-APPLE.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.