Starcraft 2 to be released July 27

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
i'll be picking it up when it drops, i'm addicted to starcraft so why not the sequel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Booyah! My beta key just arrived in my email. Time to check it OUT!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
I'm sure Blizzard has been working real hard on this one, I'll have to check it out. I've heard only awesome things from my pals who have been participating in the beta too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm sure Blizzard has been working real hard on this one, I'll have to check it out. I've heard only awesome things from my pals who have been participating in the beta too.

I only had time to play one round before work, but yes... so far it looks sheerly awesome. Even more awesomely, it played buttery smooth with high settings on my first-gen Mac Pro (albeit with a more modern graphics card). I am totally stoked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
This, then steam :) Welcome Mac gaming

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
It took Blizzard long enough to create a sequel to this game. ;) Also the nice thing about Blizzard is that they actually put good efforts into making a good Mac port of their games. None of that booting into Windows to run games nonsense. I'm not a big gamer but it's nice to not have to boot into Windows just to run a game occasionally.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
And from what I read Blizzard are wotking with the gpu manufactures to make the OS X version just as good as the windows version. I've not played the windows version so I can't compare. But my x1600 ati gpu can get 20 fps on full medium settings. And that's not to shabby. And the good part os unlike most other games, even with a low fps the game is very playable.

Blizzard have put a lot inot this game. And my experiences of the beta are just like wow! This is amazing. And the occasional *** this is so different to SC1. So if you're a fan of this type of game I would totally recommend it. Cause it's awesome + Blizzard care about the OS X users. Most people I've spoken to say Blizzard don't care about the OS X users. But that is so wrong. I'm sure the retail version of the game will run like a dream on OS X even for the people with ancient gpus like I have.

And if you want a limited edition of the game I would pre-order it. As they are selling out fast. Also even if you want just a normal version, you can preorder and some stores (online and in person) are giving away beta keys with the pre-order. Sure there's only 2 months left for beta but it's worth it if you are thinking of pre-ordering. I got my beta key with a pre-order.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.