Should I get a iphone 4s

Reaction score
Sorry is this is in the wrong place, but I'm new to the forums. I was wondering if you guys think that the 4s is worth getting, or should I get another smartphone. I have always been on the side of apple, but this product has been getting negative reviews and I wanted to know what you guys think.

Reaction score
you know for a fact your in the "wrong place". No its not worth getting, i definitely think you should get a different smartphone. Your right the reviews of all the people using the 4s are giving it horrible reviews the Apple should really rethink there iphone product line (rolls eyes). I hear the Droid 3 is a smash hit.

Reaction score
I appoligize for my original post And welcome to the forums.

I bought a 4S for my wife today i definitly think its worth getting. they only reason i dont get one for myself is because i just upgraded to a iphone 4 in may. doesnt mean i wont get one but i have to sell the iphone 4 first.

There are definitly some pretty cool looking Android phones out there my wife until now has been using a original motorola droid and she has liked it just fine. my son has a lg vortex which is a mid level Andriod and it hasnt been as good as the motorola but they both get the job done. I personally like the Iphone because over the last 2 years i have had a 3g,3gs,4 and they have all worked flawlessly (until i broke the 3g and 3gs screens :( ). my wife and son on the other hand have had little issues here and there.

To make a long story short I love apple products and for me ios is my friend. Andriod phones are getting better and for some suit there needs better than a iphone. Maybe go try both out.

C

chas_m

How exactly can you be reading "negative reviews" when nobody actually has one yet?

As for whether YOU should get one, I have no idea. Do you need a phone? Are you in a contract already? Do you have an iPhone 4? If so, how's that working for you?

I personally don't consider Android phones as serious contenders because a) they don't have the iTunes App Store, which means they suck and b) they just ripped off Apple's interface (as will become more obvious as the patent wars heat up, we're only in the first act right now) and added very little original anything to them. Together, I think that makes Android at best an adequate choice for "poor man's iPhone" but that's as far as they go IMHO.

The iPhone 4S runs iOS 5, has a great camera and features Siri. The now-cheaper iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS have decent cameras and run iOS 5. I don't know of any other phone that has all three of those things, so it seems to me that the iPhone 4S is the clear winner for anyone who needs a new smartphone, and the other ones are good choices if you're not going to get the iPhone 4S.

If you don't use Apps other than the ones the phone came with and just want a phone that can go on Facebook and check email that's cheap, well then the alternatives become more attractive. But as far as I'm concerned, no iTunes App Store + no iOS = no sale.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
This will likely be our first iPhone - getting myself and the wife one - but she's still trying to figure out what kind of data plan we need. Based on the number of sales - it's going to take a while before we can get one anyway - so she has plenty of time. :\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.