Vpc

F

Foreverfadesx

Can I use virtual pc to run programs like fruityloops efficiently? Or will they lag a ton and be un-usable?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
vpc 7 should be MUCH better than the currernt version(somewhat slow) since it natively supports 3d graphics cards, so, wait for that....If You can...

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Umm, a little help, what is fruityloops...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Foreverfadesx said:
its a sequencer, drum machine, synths, sampler, ect.

You mean like GarageBand? If so, that'd be cheaper than VPC...probably faster, too.

OP
F

Foreverfadesx

technologist said:
You mean like GarageBand? If so, that'd be cheaper than VPC...probably faster, too.

garage band is cool but this is such a good program. Before i made the switch i had an electronic side project on fruityloops and now on the mac i cac't find a program to compare to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Oh, **** do it wouldn't.
Think of VPC as a 500 MHz P3 Processor under Windows XP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, the CURRENT VPC wouldn't....but since the new one that isn't out yet(At least I don't believe it is) will be much better since it will nativley support 3d video cards....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VIDEO cards are going to be GREAT for audio!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, in a way it will..Since the current version of VPC does not support 3d video cards, it forces the processor to do all the video work, therefore making it PAINFULLY slow...

Absolute Zero - You shouldn't jump on someone if they don't explain something enough, I assumed that the majority of the members here would know at least something about this topic, or at least interpolate from the data I had given...Ease up....No Stress....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wasn't jumping on anyone, I was just stating something...

And we don't really know if that was true, it was a rumor put out by french resellers who CLAIMED they recieved a demo of it.

OP
C

Cloudane

Hmmmm.... hope you don't mind the slightly off-topic question, but does this mean VPC7 will support DirectX and therefore PC games? *dreams*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Cloudane said:
Hmmmm.... hope you don't mind the slightly off-topic question, but does this mean VPC7 will support DirectX and therefore PC games? *dreams*

Unfortunately, I don't think that will make much of a difference. Many of today's PC games require ridiculously high-powered systems to perform well. At the end of the day, any version of VPC is still emulation, and as such, will suffer performance penalties over the original system.

OP
C

Cloudane

True enough, ported games are slow enough without emulation too.

Mainly thinking of older games... I have a 3GHz PC exactly for the purpose of Doom3 and the like :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.