2.5 or 2.6ghz

Reaction score
hey guys, end of this week im upgrading my from my macbook and getting a MBP. My question I suppose seems a little trivial but is it worth the extra few hundred for the .6 upgrade if it will make that bit of a difference or should I put that towards applecare or something? I will be going to uni to study graphic design so really want a top machine and will be sticking to apple for sure!

thanks guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
I would get the 2.5, they have the same cache, just .1 more ghz. Isn't worth the price to upgrade to just 2.6 if you ask me.

Reaction score
from what I've read, the difference really isn't worth the money. You get a $100 dollar discount on your computer if you buy applecare when you buy it to. But since you have a year warentee to start with and applecare is two years I guess it doesn't make much of a difference. But from what I here it isn't worth it.

Reaction score
i don't think .1 ghz is going to make a noticeable difference. the only place you may notice a difference is in your head; i think it's a perceived upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.