Photoshop Elements vs Aperature

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Dual 2.8 GHz Quad Core Processors, 2 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, 1.5 TB of storage.
For those who have used both or either, what are the advantages to each, what are the disadvantages. Which one is better and why. I had elements for PC but when I switched over I now have no decent editing program. I dont' do anything too extensive but I like putting filters on stuff and adding effects. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
Adobe actually sells another program in direct competition with Aperture, called Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. It is designed to do the same type of photo editing Aperture is instead of being a toned down version of Photoshop like Photoshop Elements.

Here's an article that nicely explains the key features and differences between Aperture and Lightroom: http://www.macworld.com/article/58422/2007/06/digitaldarkroom.html

Between Lightroom and Aperture it's only a matter of personal preference really. However, if you still are comparing Elements to Aperture, Aperture will do a better job editing Photos because it is designed specifically for photographers while Elements focuses on many digital art mediums as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.