iphone wouldn't hold charge, now dead - completely stock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Last night I noticed my iphone was getting really hot. It had low battery but I figured it was just because I hadn't charged it all day. So I left it in my car charging when I went to my hockey game. No big deal. I noticed it said less than 20% battery remaining when I went to bed which struck me as rather odd. I charged it while I went to sleep.

So this morning I woke up and noticed my alarm on the phone hadn't gone off, the phone is dead. It won't turn on, it won't do anything. I've plugged it into two different computers, and a wall charger and it won't turn on. I think the battery is fried. This totally sucks. I need a new phone immediately. Given the importance of cell phones these days, my entire life is on this phone. :(

If I got my phone at an apple store can I take it to an AT&T place to get a replacement? I need to get one before work and the apple stores open later than the AT&T stores.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
For me, the AT&T store would not replace my phone when it was broke. I had to take it to an Apple store. They're being pretty good about getting out replacements though. Good luck man.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
For me, the AT&T store would not replace my phone when it was broke. I had to take it to an Apple store. They're being pretty good about getting out replacements though. Good luck man.

Apple has been great about any products...

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Called apple support, they scheduled me an appoint at the genius bar today. I went in, they couldn't get it to turn on, and promptly gave me a brand new shiny iPhone!

This is wonderful, especially considering I accidentally dropped my original phone once and it got a big scratch on it. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.