Switched gave up on windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a MBP 15 inch, 2.2 ghz, 2 gb ram, dishwasher
I finally gave in and ordered a macbook pro 15.4 inch 2.2mhz online yesterday. The windows machine im using now has had so many virusus/spyware that now even my anti-virus programs are infected. I have had this computer for 4 years and have delayed getting a new one for some time now. Im going to school for film and want to be an editor some day so a macbook pro and final cut pro is the way to go. The only question I have is they say on the order status that they are not shipping it for a week. Is this because its backed up with demand or just because it takes them a week to build it? They already sent my printer and ipod just wondering why I have to wait till July 1st to drop my old dell off my roof.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
who knows why it's delayed, but if you asked for spec upgrades beyond what was offered, maybe that created a delay.

Enjoy your new MBP...love mine...and I hope it's 2.2 GHz, not MHz....best,

Brian

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a MBP 15 inch, 2.2 ghz, 2 gb ram, dishwasher
yea i meant ghz haha. Just excited typing to fast

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I ordered mine on a Friday, it said it would get here on the Tuesday the week after next, but it got here next Friday!

So who knows, maybe yours will arrive quicker than you think too. I've heard other stories of this happening too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
According to this article(German), that particular model has a high demand. Such a delay should be anticipated. Hopefully you will get yours earlier than expected ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Yeah i ordered my refurb C2D black MB last tuesday (June 12)and it said it would not ship until the 19-21, but I ended up receiving it last Friday (June 15th) lol. So it seems like apple will say your laptop won't ship for a week just incase there is any shortages. Then if they get it to you when they say they would then your happy. If they get it to you before they say they would then your even happier. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Sounds like Apple does inventory with a lot of slack. Maybe too much. But that's an issue of operations anyhow.

Congrats on the MBP though. Have fun with it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.