• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllpppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

sLiCk_InCoNtRoL

READ THIS PLEASE!!!
My sis was on her computer (not the one im using) and deleted aol to free some Hard disk Space.
She left the house now and when I went 2 her room I turned on her PC. Everything was going ok until afterr the bit where it says windows 98. After that bit the computers comes up with all this gibberish written in white on a black screen just before you are asked to type your password in. But when it got to the part with the gibberish there was a notice on the bottom of the screen that said CANNOT FIND WIN.COM WINDOWS WILL NOT CONTINUE TO LOAD. Then I freaked out :cry1 . I turned the PC on anf off but no luck! The same thing happened again and I tried it again and again and again and the same thing KEPT ON HAPPENING! (I CANT LOG ON!!)
Im sooooooooooo scared my sis is gonna be back in a few minutes.
Somebody please help me!!!!!!
The PC run on WINDOWS 98 Second Edition
she has 32MB of RAM and 333mhz Intel pentium proccessor.
The make of the PC is DAEWOO.
PLEAAAAAAASE HEEELP! SomebodY!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Grab the Windows(98) install CD and put it in and boot from the CD, when it starts up it will ask if you want to do a New Install or Repair an Existing Installation, do the Repair an Existing Installation and it should fix it.

**this is just a suggestion, it is not guaranteed to work but since you get no boot up as it is, it may be your only choice, please try at your own expense.

OP
D

dim

sLiCk_InCoNtRoL said:
READ THIS PLEASE!!!
My sis was on her computer (not the one im using) and deleted aol to free some Hard disk Space.
She left the house now and when I went 2 her room I turned on her PC. Everything was going ok until afterr the bit where it says windows 98. After that bit the computers comes up with all this gibberish written in white on a black screen just before you are asked to type your password in. But when it got to the part with the gibberish there was a notice on the bottom of the screen that said CANNOT FIND WIN.COM WINDOWS WILL NOT CONTINUE TO LOAD. Then I freaked out :cry1 . I turned the PC on anf off but no luck! The same thing happened again and I tried it again and again and again and the same thing KEPT ON HAPPENING! (I CANT LOG ON!!)
Im sooooooooooo scared my sis is gonna be back in a few minutes.
Somebody please help me!!!!!!
The PC run on WINDOWS 98 Second Edition
she has 32MB of RAM and 333mhz Intel pentium proccessor.
The make of the PC is DAEWOO.
PLEAAAAAAASE HEEELP! SomebodY!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Yeah pretty much what he said. I hope you partitioned your drive incase you have to reinstall. That's one thing I alway push to clients. PMagic can be the best tool you ever use. Trust me on this.

Good Luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.