next mac mini

Reaction score
ok im in 9th grade. i want to get then next mac laptop that comes out for college but in the meantime ive been thinking about getting a mac mini so i wont have to take too much from what ive saved. but there's been rumores about the mac pro mini is that true should i wait, or get a mac mini now, OR wait till the mac mini gets updated. HELP

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
What do you want to do on the Mini?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
As far as those rumors go, nobody knows for sure. As many others would say, and have said many times in the past, just buy what you need now. If you are always waiting for the next update, you will be waiting forever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
I've got a 1st gen PPC Mac Mini. It was (nearly 3 years ago now) my first Mac. It handled everything I threw at it, and was/is an amazing machine, despite the wonderfully small footprint. Since, I picked up an iMac and a MacBook, so that should give you an idea of how pleased I was with my Mini experience. Now, the Mini drives my 46" Samsung LN-T4665F TV in the living room, and does the job perfectly. I think you'll be thrilled with the current Mini. There will always be another model, but it you want it now, go for it. You won't regret it.

Reaction score
well there is an apple laptop event coming up on October 14th and there will be new macbooks. One of the rumors is an $800 macbook. I would at least wait to see what comes of this event. Now only if they brought down the price on those iMacs hehehe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Depends on what you want to use it for. It has plenty of ports and runs Windoze, MS Office, rips CD's/DVD's comfortably, but won't do games. I bought a used 1.8Ghz model on that famous online auction site for ~$300 and installed a 2.16Ghz CPU myself - runs much quicker and saved a boatload. If you can handle not running modern games, it will do just fine. I would still wait until next Tuesday, just to see if anything gets tacked on at the end of the notebook event.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.