I think my iPod died...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (white), 2 GHz, 2 GB Memory, 120 GB, Superdrive, 10.4.10.
I'm not too sure of what gen it is...i think 2nd or 3rd. I bought it in the fall of 2004 and it looks like the iPod Classics and didn't have a color screen or video capabilities. Hopefully someone will know what gen that is.

I plugged it up to my computer the other day and it immediately started charging. It had the little "battery charging" animation on it that it has when it's charging. It didn't start syncing and wasn't recognized by my computer (PC) so I unplugged it and plugged it back in. The battery charging animation froze and stayed on that screen for a few seconds, then went blank. Now I can't turn it on and it doesn't respond when it's hooked up to my wall (outlet) charger or when hooked up to my PC.

Did it die? Does anyone know of anything I should try to ressurect it? I know it's an old iPod, but it's better than nothing for right now. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHZ MacBook Black 2GB's RAM 200GB Hard Drive
Did you try doing a reset (holding down the center button and the menu button) for 5 - 10 seconds?

My g/f's nano just went to a blank screen when it was hooked up to her MB on time and was non responsive, doing a reset worked for hers.

OP
ChodeMasterJ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (white), 2 GHz, 2 GB Memory, 120 GB, Superdrive, 10.4.10.
Awesome, thanks man. i tried it and it worked fine. I figured there was some way to reset it, i just didn't know how. But it's working fine now.

Thanks for the help. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.