iTunes Starts Automatically

Reaction score
My iTunes starts automatically. I have a Mac running OS X 10.7.5. How do I stop iTunes from starting automatically? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
If you mean starts automatically on login go System Preferences>Users & Groups>Login items and uncheck iTunes.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks, I will try it. It does not happen only on login, though. Sometimes it happens after I logged in and have been using the computer for a while, and sometimes it happens when no one is using the computer. It surprised me to hear music coming from the computer room when no one has been in there, so I have taken to shutting off the speakers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Thanks, I will try it. It does not happen only on login, though. Sometimes it happens after I logged in and have been using the computer for a while, and sometimes it happens when no one is using the computer. It surprised me to hear music coming from the computer room when no one has been in there, so I have taken to shutting off the speakers.

Perhaps you are using a remote control elsewhere and the Mac is picking up the signal? Try disabling that feature.
Disable the Apple Remote Control

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.