quick photo question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro
how do I move photos from one folder to the next, like actually move it? when I try to drag it, it leaves the original in the "old" folder. I need to actually move it from one to another. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
open up two windows, drag the file you want to move to the folder you want it in

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
are you dragging between two folders on the same partition, or different partitions?

by default, even in windows, dragging something on the same partition will 'move', dragging to a different partition will 'copy'.

i do this alot - move files from my mac to an external (which obviousy is a different partition). i actually like the copy/delete. that way i can be sure i don't lose the files.

OP
chiffonhead
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro
are you dragging between two folders on the same partition, or different partitions?

by default, even in windows, dragging something on the same partition will 'move', dragging to a different partition will 'copy'.

i do this alot - move files from my mac to an external (which obviousy is a different partition). i actually like the copy/delete. that way i can be sure i don't lose the files.
ah. this is the clarification I needed. thanks!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
np, glad i could help. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.