Apple is a Disease

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MBP 2.4 GHz 4GB Ram 160 GB
Seriously! Once you start really getting into apple products, you just can't stop!

I mean, I've had iPod's for years (All the way back to the Third Gen), but I never really understood the Apple thing until I got a Mac.

Last Summer I got a decked out MBP as a gift after being accepted to Med School (UCLA! - Sorry, I just love this place!) and the rest has been history.

Since then I have bought:

A Wireless Keyboard
A Wireless Mouse
An Airport Extreme
Harmon Kardon Speaker Ser
An Iomega Portable 500gb Hard Drive (Mac Pro Style!)
A 80gb 5th generation iPod (My Music Keg)
An iPod Nano (To hook up to my Car's iPod Dock)
An Original iPod Shuffle (To exercise with)
An iPhone
An iPhone Bluetooth Headset
and, today, I got an New iPod Shuffle (I got tired to the Lanyard Shuffle bouncing around)

Of Course, on top of all that, I have gotten a bunch of accessories for all the devices, and am totally loving them.

Here's a pic of my apartment with everything together, I thought it was kind cool how it looks all together.

IMG_0437.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
My sentiments exactly :)
although my iPod has been giving me loads of problems and it just makes me wanna smash it, I still love my iMac.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can't disagree with that at all. Once I especially got to try out OSX I was hooked for life!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Cool photo and you're right. That's nothing though in comparison to what I've accumulated over the past year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Its kinda like a drug. You may want to stop buying stuff... you just can't really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I agree - totally addictive.

Lets see, I got an iPod Nano (1st Gen) two years ago after observing how much my wife was enjoying hers. My first Apple product ever. "Neat!" I thought. Great packaging. Nice product. I started using it and I REALLY liked. Of course I installed iTunes on my PC and I liked that too. It worked so well with my Nano - hey, it just worked so well period. Nicely integrated, well thought out. "Say, this Apple stuff is really well put together, works well together and has been thought through end to end" I thought to myself. Then I remembered how much I had enjoyed the Macs we had used at work prior to the debut of "I'm just good enough" Win95. "Perhaps I should consider a Mac in the future" I thought. The halo effect setting in...

Well of course, soon enough I needed a new computer. Guess where I looked first? Apple, of course. This PowerMac G5 resulted. Nearly two years later I am still really pleased with it and with OS X.

But wait, this is just the beginning. Eventually I wanted a larger MP3 player - couldn't fit all my tunes on a Nano. Boom - one 5th iPod coming right up. New cell phone? Sure, got an iPhone (what else?). I needed a laptop recently. MacBook Pro of course! Now I am thinking of replacing my G5 with a 24" iMac when the next bump in speed comes out on the iMacs. Where else would I look - it HAS to be a Mac.

So, two iPods, an iPhone, two Mac computers (so far), and a boatload of accessories to go with them. Along the way I have convinced countless others of the superiority of Apple products and have likely contributed to many new purchases by those people.

Addictive? You bet! Apple gives us what we want. It's all wrapped up in the title of the famous Kinks song (and album): "Give The People What They Want" - Apple does this SO well!

If this is addiction, I am a happy addict!

On a serious note though, it is NOT addiction. It is superior product design, high build quality and competitive pricing. None of us are sheep being led to the slaughter. We buy Apple products because they deliver the goods, and do so at a reasonable price. If they didn't meet our needs, we wouldn't buy them. I say "well done!" to Apple for being one of the most consistently innovative and forward looking companies out there. Long may they anticipate and serve our needs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 Ghz 12 core Mac Pro (5.1 flash) High sierra
I think its a bit of an addiction. It makes me want to get more organized. All the computer related projects I ever thought about doing, seem like less of a hassle now. Enjoyable even. I just finished digitizing my extensive rally VHS collection, for the second time (audio problems with re VCR first time around).

Its just enjoyable to use! Endorphins run rampant!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
When theres rumours about products, such as the mba, you always think 'no way im gettin that, its no different to my current mac.' Then you see it and you have to have it! It was the same with leopard. When i first saw the screenshots i thought id not upgrade for ages, but then i ended up getting it the opening weekend!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I think its a bit of an addiction.
Does that make the Apple Store a crack house?;D
Let me count here...
I have an old Performa, had the Original iMac, have the iMac 500MHz, iMac 1GHz 17", the 1st iPod, iPod shuffle, iPhone
Hmm... Laptop's look good...:Mischievous:
No wonder I'm in debt!:)

Reaction score
oh i know! i recently got a Macbook Pro, my first Apple product, and i am so impressed with it i am planning on purchasing an iPod Touch very soon...

Reaction score
im in the club too!!! Had iPod for ages, got shuffle clip one for exercise, ipod ready car, apple box stereo thing and my iMac the recent addition!! Now looking for an ipod touch, maybe when they have a bigger mem...8gb to 16gb now to 32gb whats next??...cant wait!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 Ghz 12 core Mac Pro (5.1 flash) High sierra
I currently have ... Let's go in chronological order: iPod 5th gen wiith video, pink 2nd gen nano(for my wife), cases for both, MacBook- then a Brenthaven pack, mighty mouse, APX station, new iMac (with wireless board/mouse) October, wifes iPhone, EyeTV for video conversion, WD 500GB EHDD for archieving, my iPhone, another 500GB drive, 3 different iPhone cases....
does it ever end!?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
currently have: MacBook, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPhone, iMac, aipprt extreme base station, and planning to get MacBook air. So , I couldn't agree more!!!

Reaction score
I didn't fall in love after the first product, I fell in love after SEEING one for the first time. I was at my moms work and I saw someone with an iMac g3, omg. i seriously could not stop staring at it. Then I was PRAYING that my parents would let me get a second gen ipod. the one with the buttons around the click wheel =PP and i DID. oh BOY was that a hassle to get working with a windows pc! but that was back when you got a case, a dock, remote, earbuds, charger and THE WORKS for your ipod, nowadays you don't even get a charger.
So the year after the iPod, I wanted an iBook, I was on my way to get one but then my mom suggested a dell! she told me that I would be better off because of software and my dad refused to let me get an apple after hearing that!! I was so mad!

So I got a dell, but wasnt satisfied, even the slightest bit, so the last 3 years have consisted me DROOLING over macs. =[ But this christmas my dad decided to get me one, so now i have one!!! I love it so much! I like Apples old white iMacs though.

My apple timeline:
iPod second gen
iPod third gen
iPod fifth gen (video)
iPhone 4gb, price drop, traded in for 8gb.
iMac 2.8ghz 4gb ram (upgraded ram by myself)
Wireless Apple Keyboard/Mighty mouse (the new ones)
Sold keyboard, bought wired Apple Pro Keyboard (I loved these)
About to buy a clamshell or ibook g3, might splurge for g4 TiPbook
500gb external !

so much money gone to apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I think i am going the same way as the rest of you

Macbook, ipod nano 2nd gen, iphone, airport extreme, Apple keyboard, wireless mighty mouse. I also got a 2nd gen shuffle for my girlfriend. I am trying to get her hooked too but she just doesn't want to give up windows.

As far as my next purchase i am looking at refurb Mac Pros or an Imac. 80 gb ipod, and an airport express for when i travel but that wont be for a while.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Its kinda like a drug. You may want to stop buying stuff... you just can't really.

Very true!

MB, then upgraded to MBP. Airport Extreme, iPod Nano 2G, Wireless Mighty Mouse, 23" ACD, iPhone. I think that covers it. All within the past year. My bank account will never be the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
For me, it's not so much an addiction as it was my hatred of Windows Vista.

I like Apple but I'm not a fanboy of it or anything....they make good stuff, it works, and that's all I really care about. Microsoft makes Windows XP and it works most of the time pretty well; Vista, on the other hand, sucks. My Xbox 360 works fine and so far I'm happy w/ it.

If Apple got into gaming and made a console, I'd probably buy it just because I like my iPod and Macbook. I guess I don't see it as an addition or religion as some do, but just another company that makes cool stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.