iWeb alternative?

Reaction score
I am currently looking into setting up my own games renting website. I tried using iWeb but I find that it has one too many bugs.

Is there anything similar and easy to use like iWeb, that is really good? And not soo expensive.

Thanks

Reaction score
You didn't specify what you want to do with the site such as run some scripts, login, signup, etc. Take a look at Wordpress. It much more than just a blogging application and fairly easy to set up. You'll need a hosting account and there's plenty of plugins to do what you're looking for.

OP
L
Reaction score
Well, I was going to have a login/signup page but I do not know how to do that with iWeb?
Also If I did get a login page how can I change the view of the page to the member? for instance it says login... once the user logs in it will change to log out? or the user has unique features that non members have?

Also was looking for how to do this.
A user is browsing through the list of games, then decides to put one on their 'wish list', clicks 'add to wish list' then I wanted it to add it to a 'wish list'. Any way I can do that?

And are there anymore themes I can get for iWeb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
If you have any aptitude for programming, I would say to forget iWeb and the whole class of GUI drag and drop page layout programs. Pick up one good book on PHP and read it. After that, you are off to the races. You can design ANY page layout you want, and achieve pretty much any sort of login/logout/etc. behavior that you wish. Add one more good book on Javascript, and you can make your sites pretty "flashy" too.

This is what I have done - I am now doing web design for a living, and it all started when I picked up a book on PHP less than two years ago.

Reaction score
Have you tried wix its a free flash based builder Create a Free Website , Free Flash Website Builder at Wix.com

you can grab the code and embed it into a html page use mozilla I use it and embed it onto one Iweb page and all the pages are that move are on wix. Reducing the errors

I find if you do not use shadows in iweb it works pretty good on most browsers, but when you add the extras like "reflections" thats when it goes a little wobbly.

angus cooney

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
If you have any aptitude for programming, I would say to forget iWeb and the whole class of GUI drag and drop page layout programs. Pick up one good book on PHP and read it. After that, you are off to the races. You can design ANY page layout you want, and achieve pretty much any sort of login/logout/etc. behavior that you wish. Add one more good book on Javascript, and you can make your sites pretty "flashy" too.

This is what I have done - I am now doing web design for a living, and it all started when I picked up a book on PHP less than two years ago.

I'm not sure if you need any PHP for this stuff, but HTML will serve you well on any website! I completely agree.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.