Add a second hard drive to your MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
MCE Tech OptiBay

Replaces the DVD drive to add a second internal hard drive to your MacBook Pro. Only affects battery life by 10-15% and can spin the second drive down when not in use. Useful if you need added capacity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
holy cow, look at those prices.

id be interested in just the connector for the internal, and get my own drive for that kinda money.

yummy, internal raid :)

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
holy cow, look at those prices.

id be interested in just the connector for the internal, and get my own drive for that kinda money.

yummy, internal raid :)

I called; they said they do not and will not sell the drive bay separately. Bummer! The guy I talked to also said that as far as he knows, 160gb is the largest PATA drive available - only the SATA drives go higher. I was hoping for a 200gb 7200rpm SATA and a 250gb 5400rpm PATA. D'oh :Shouting:

Reaction score
Well opening up a mac book pro to install a hd will void your warranty. If I take the drive to the apple store and paid someone to do it for me then will my warranty still be valid?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 10.4.8, G4 "Graphite" 10.4.8
Well opening up a mac book pro to install a hd will void your warranty. If I take the drive to the apple store and paid someone to do it for me then will my warranty still be valid?

I doubt they'd do that until the warranty was up anyway. You could always call and check.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

if the people from that service (the website) do it then they may be trained so that it doesnt affect the warrenty.

but yes you would have to check.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
since u have to remove the superdrive, i think once thats done, your warranty is flat!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.