This place sucks [edit] or does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dogbart

This place sucks

This place sucks, so many rules and restrictions, go to thinksecret.com for real forums ;)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
dogbart said:
This place sucks, so many rules and restrictions, go to thinksecret.com for real forums ;)
I beg to differ. Every forum I visit has rules, even the forum you mentioned has rules. As per below from thinksecret.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

Is appears to me the last linke is a rule. Each board stated the rules differently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Why would you post something like that? What rules are you opposed to?

You are free to not come here if you like, but posts like this are reasons there are rules.

Many other boards would close/delete this thread and ban you for life for such a post. We are not like that.

I'd like to know why you think we suck? Or is this just some childish rant that you needed to get off your chest, because nobody will pay attention to you otherwise?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Im betting childish rant.

If you feel you are an outsider and the world is against you. I can help you out, get therapy I am willing to help you out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I went to that site and well, Ikonboard really blows, plus the place has about 10 forums with really broad topics.

So basically I'm saying the same thing you said. Except I told a little detail on why that is my opinion.

sKaD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
dogbart your perception is misleading. I've seen posts deleted or removed from ThinkSecret's boards all the time. The only thing we really ask is that you refrain from using profanity and not post warez. Seems that is pretty standard on most major boards and I know it's the same on ThinkSecret. Is there something I'm missing??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think were all thinking of the proper return for dogbart which would be at the same intellectual level as his own post.. "something something you suck, go stick your head in a meat slicer ;)" <---yes that is a mock.

But your always welcome to come back and visit, perhaps then you will see we, like all macintosh's to PC users, are under estimated.

OP
T

TylerMoney

I've been using this forum for about a week, and have no problems. The rules haven't effected me as of yet, and I don't see why they should.

OP
M

michaelk69

Well, I use this forum as well as a UK-based one for all kinds of help, and I can tell you . . . this one does NOT suck. It has been a real life-saver for me, actually.

I asked two questions in the UK forum, and okay, they probably were dumb questions, but I am totally new to all of this, and so I thought that maybe someone at a Mac forum might be able to help me? Anyway, on the UK board, all I got was heaps of abuse . . . twice . . . so I haven't gone back. If any board 'sucks', it is that one. Such a bunch of mean-spirited people! Maybe it is all the gray drizzle getting to them.

Anyway, everyone on here has been really nice and helpful (especially Schweb), so I don't think you suck at all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
wow didnt think this thread would pop up again. still the best boards I am a member of for any category

OP
D

dante22

dogbart said:

I am afraid to go to any web site or place that doesn't suck. That would be like joining a cult like the Deanies perhaps.
The secret is out, there are rules and restrictions. Well I'm gonna quit and I'm taking my mouse home. Really now;
Stay, we need the diversity if not ability to be outraged over every little rule.Stay, really. It's nice to know i'm not the only one who chafes at rules.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol, yeah I agree, this thread should die... Call it the dictator in me, but I want to close this thread.... sigh* (please someone mess up and let me do it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
I beg to differ, this forum rules!

I like this forum because I've learned a lot of useful things about my computer, which is really nice for a newbie like me who accidentally deleted her system preferences folder and can't figure out how to get it back. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Graphite said:
Call it the dictator in me
totalitarian pig. i knew you were secretly trying to overthrow the govt (i can do more if you want me to get the thread locked)

OP
L

lugee

This is only my second post, but i was using this fourm as a guest for nearly a month when i was thinking about switching and have to say, reading the fourm played a big part in me switching :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Well then that says it all.. this forum does officially suck, especially since so many users say that this forum was a big reason why they switched. Now since a moderator agrees that this forum sucks.. does this mean we can close this thread? Or are we still having too much fun with it :) Especially since the guy that started this.. if he hasnt deleted his account keeps getting all these replies sent to him.. hmm.. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol, perhaps a name change would be best for this thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.