Wireless

Reaction score
I just bought this AirPort card for my iBook G3, and now I need a router. Will the card work with any router, and if so, what do you recommend? I would like to be able to hook my PC up to it, as well, but that doesn't have a wireless card. I saw something about hooking it up through USB, and it will see it as wirelss or something... if that makes sense...haha. Yeah, Any help would be great, as I know what I'm doing when it comes to computers, but I'm new to the wireless game. Thanks :)

edit: this should probably be in anything goes... sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Most any router will work with Apple's AirPort Card, so I wouldn't worry about to much. Wi-Fi is Wi-Fi it is all the same information being sent and recieved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
some places online you can get a router for about $15 for a 802.11b, which is what that card is...i think. But any "b" or "g" band router will work. A simple one is the Airport Express w/ Itunes. Just plug in your modem to it and it supports up to 15 wireless connections. (thats if your all out just wireless) Simple and easy. online they are running for about $79 (ebay)

just my .02

OP
SilverEagle5
Reaction score
$79 is too high. I found one on eBay for a lot less. I think I'll go with that one, I did some research on it, and it sounds like it does what I want it to. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i use an airport extreme. but airport express is also good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
I use a not so well-known brand of router called E-tec (most people go for Linksys/Netgear etc), and it works fine with airport and AOL UK broadband.

OP
SilverEagle5
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I went with a relatively cheap Netgear MR814 on eBay. I haven't gotten it yet, but from what everyone says, it should work fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.