apple logo on ibook

F

Fallooza

apple logo

my drunk brother keeps telling me that the Apple logo on the iBooks used to be upside down when you opened them.he says its from the OJ Simpson trial there was a special one made so they could advertise on the TV coverage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
He's right that it used to be upside down, but I think it was the early g3 powerbooks... not quite sure though.

OP
J

Jordan

Yeah, I was watching Crocodile Dundee (in Czech as it were) and they had Apple product placement all over the movie (why they thought this would be a hip place to advertise is beyond me). The point is, the apple logo was upside down on each of the laptops - both powerbook and ibook (clamshell I think).

there you have it,

Jordan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
on the G3 PowerBooks and Clamshell iBooks it was upside down when opened. And the clamshell's logo did not light up.

The G4 PowerBooks (grey Aluminium/Titanium case) and the white iBooks all have the logo turned the right way when the lid is open, and the white iBook's logo lights up too, just like the PowerBooks.

OP
E

Ey3 D

Mom has PowerBook G3 and logo is upside down. It is upright when you close it so I think that was the idea of it.

OP
D

Dexter1912

yea i still have my trusty wallstreet with the upside down apple!!! its a great little design quirk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
man, who knew...drunk people do tell the truth :)

OP
F

Fallooza

but the main ? is, is it because of the OJ trial? he says that the first one that wasnt upside down was made special for OJs lawyer for the advertisement from the TV coverage. can anyone answer that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Fallooza said:
but the main ? is, is it because of the OJ trial? he says that the first one that wasnt upside down was made special for OJs lawyer for the advertisement from the TV coverage. can anyone answer that?

The first 'Books with the non-upsidedown logo when open was the first G4 PowerBook, also known as Titanium, and the first white iBook, which came out a few months after the Titanium. The Titanium PowerBook was the first one having that slimline metal housing, instead of the black, more curved plastick housing of the Pismo, it's predecessor. And the white iBook was the first iBook with a glowing logo, on the Clamshell iBook, the logo wasn't lit, and was upsidedown when the lid was open.

And no, I definitely don't think that has anything to do with OJs trial...some people should be more carefully with drinking, gives them strange ideas :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I think people are thinking of Judge Lance Ito's laptop. Ito was the judge in the OJ trial, and in most photos of him you could see the lid of his laptop with the logo upside-down.

I seem to remember he had a Sony laptop, not an Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
Ey3 D is now the official digger upper of mac forums dot friggin com!!!....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
This is kind of lame...but I remember noticing the upside down logo in an episode of Boy Meets World. I know...I know...I'd rather you just didn't say anything.

OP
E

Ey3 D

Well iLEFTOVERCRACK, Apple has been in my family ever since it started so there are just these really old Apple computers so I see my mom's old Powerbook G3 laying around and have noticed it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.