MacBook Air flash storage repair history

Reaction score
Like many MacBook Pro users, I am considering buying the new retina display Pro. Since I have not dealt with the flash storage of the Air, I would like to learn more about the reliability of the flash storage from Air users. So, MacBook Air users, share your good/bad stories. Is the flash storage reliable enough that you would recommend it?

Reaction score
Like many MacBook Pro users, I am considering buying the new retina display Pro. Since I have not dealt with the flash storage of the Air, I would like to learn more about the reliability of the flash storage from Air users. So, MacBook Air users, share your good/bad stories. Is the flash storage reliable enough that you would recommend it?

I have both the new MacBook Pro Retina and a 2011 MacBook Air with a 128GB Samsung SSD and these drives are among the best on the market for reliability and speed. Apple did not skimp on these drives.

-Danny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
I have a 256 GB SSD in my 2011 11" MBA and a 512 GB SSD in my 2012 13" MBA. I swear by the SSDs, they are incredibly fast and from what I have researched very reliable, much more so than HDDs.

They are pricey though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.