Virtual PC 7 & tiger

S

slykos

While attempting to install VPC 7 the error I get says:

An item in the Startup Items folder ("/Library/StartupItems/VirtualPCOSServices") does not have the proper security settings."

I clicked "FIX" and no help. I also tried "Disaable" and no help. I tried the Microsoft download: "VirtualPC702-1" supposed correction and still no help.

While reinstalling VPC 7 I get to the point where a screen comes up asking for my name, password, and Product Key, but the "Continue" button is not highlighted; it stays dimmed, ee after typing in the Product Key.

Background: Had a major poblem and reinstalled the original OS 10.1.5, still problems. Reformated the hard drive, and reinstalled Tiger. Am now at the point of reinstalling the rest of my other software.

I'd sure appreciate if anyone has any ideas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I had all the same problems with virtual pc and eventually dedcided it wasn't worth it and now actually have a real pc for those softwares that do not run well on macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
try guestpc from version tracker as some say it better than virtual pc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.