iMovie 09 not recognizing Camera

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
Guys,
I've tried everything and I'm still confused. When I used to plug in my Canon HG10, a compatible camera according to Apple, the import screen used to come up. Now it doesn't. I've tried everything, and I get nothing. The weird thing is, the camera is recognized by OSx and it mounts, I can see it on the desktop and everything. I went into the system profiler and the camera is there under High Speed USB. Only iMovie doesn't recognize it. I could get Voltaic but I dont want to buy something the iMovie does already. Any ideas??? Please help!!!!

Reaction score
Having the exact same problem. iMovie '09 used to recognize Canon HF21, now doesn't though desktop does.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my sony DCR-SR80

I've used iMovie with this camera several times in the past. I really hope a solution comes out soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.