In dire need of help

Reaction score
Alrighty, so here's the scoop. I do recording on an iMac, while keeping all my audio files on an external 500GB WD Passport.

I've had no problems up until today. I've been saving, opening, bouncing files to the disk, all without a problem. Today I opened up one of my files to bounce it down (basically take all the audo tracks and "bounce" them to a stereo 2-track so it can be played on any system), and when I give it the location on the Passport, it tells me "Passport For Mac is not an audio drive".

Now whenever I go to save anything, it's telling me my Passport is a read-only device. AFAIK it's NEVER been read-only, as this is the first time something like this hhas happened. Now I can't save to the Passport, change files, etc. It's almost like it's locked.

I haven't messed about with any settings, so if anybody knows *** going on, help would be appreciated.

Edit: Checked in the Disk Utility, apparently it can't Verify the disk because it can't be ejected. Hope this helps.

Edit 2: Problem solved, nevermind. Mods close this.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
How about posting the solution just in case someone else runs into the same issues?

BTW how are we going to look like tech geniuses if you solve the problem before we get a crack at it?:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.