iphone verizon to iphone att commication

Reaction score
So i was told that iphone to iphone communication was free (calls text etc) no matter what carrier you have, i was just wondering if this was true or not

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't think that's true. Verizon to Verizon and AT&T to AT&T calls are free, however, I believe when calling Verizon to AT&T or any other carrier, it counts against your allocated minutes or texts. Of course if you have unlimited, then it doesn't matter.

Check with Verizon customer service to make sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
txting through Message app, true. Free. - i do it all day and the txt's dont get charged to either myself or my friends. it works like BB's Messenger app.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
So more appropriately, using Facetime or iMessage between iOS devices is free of charge..but using the standard SMS application or making phones calls is not free unless you are on the same provider and that provider provides that option..

C

chas_m

Deckyon: this is only true if BOTH parties are using iMessage. It's fairly, but not completely, automatic -- and doesn't apply to regular calls at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.