Elevator Stands

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
Im just wondering why people use Elevator stands?

Do you use one and why?

Does it not make typing on the laptop keyboard more difficult?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
I'm going to guess, but usually with the use of an elevator stand, the computer is hooked up to a monitor and an external keyboard is attached. No use of the notebook keyboard is required. The elevator stand is supposed to be more ergonomic because you're not constantly looking down at the monitor - it's more at eye level.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I use one on my macbook when at home. It allows for better cooling and sits up at eye level. It is hooked up to an external KB and mouse therefore i do not use the KB or touch pad on my MB.

Depending on the height or angle of the elevator it can make it hard to type on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
I have done my homework on looking for a suitable Elevator for my MBP, but seeing as it's the 17", Im worried that the Griffin Elevator Notebook Stand may not be sturdy enough, with large overhangs each end. Does anyone know of similar, but specifically for larger MBP, ie 17"?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Griffin Elevator (I use one for my MacBook) is ideal for 13" notebook computers. It would probably be OK even for a larger notebook up to around 15" max. However, like you I probably would not trust it for a 17" machine because of the overhang on the sides and back.

The folks at "RAIN" produce the "mStand" which seems to be popular. Give them a look. LINK

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Thanks ever so much for that, will look into getting one of those instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.