Genieo removal

Reaction score
I'm trying to get rid of the genieo browser page that pops up when I type in a subject to search.
I have followed the directions to remove it, and do not have it as my home page, but it still pops up when I do a search. How do I get rid of it completely?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Reaction score
How to Remove Genieo

We are sorry to hear that you want to uninstall Genieo.
Advertisment portion removed
Should you decide to remove, please visit our FAQ page Genieo Answers Your Questions | Genieo - A newspaper styled startpage
And simply follow the instructions.
Once you are done, you can go to your browser settings and change the default homepage and search to match your decision.

Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95421&topic=1735105&ctx=topic
IE: How to Change Your Home Page in Internet Explorer
FF: How to Change your Start Page on Mozilla Firefox: 13 Steps
Safari: Safari Home Page - How to Change Your Home Page In Safari - About Web Browsers - Modify the Home Page URL

Reaction score
i did all of the following prior to posting.

im leary of the genieo instructions but i did follow them to un-install and changed everything to google on home page preferences.

copy of post i found and did earlier:
Should you decide to remove, please visit our FAQ page Genieo Answers Your Questions | Genieo - A newspaper styled startpage
And simply follow the instructions.
Once you are done, you can go to your browser settings and change the default homepage and search to match your decision.

Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin...5105&ctx=topic
IE: How to Change Your Home Page in Internet Explorer
FF: How to Change your Start Page on Mozilla Firefox: 13 Steps
Safari: Safari Home Page - How to Change Your Home Page In Safari - About Web Browsers - Modify the Home Page URL
QUOTE THANKS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.