• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Alien vs Predator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
I dont know if anybody posted any links up for this movie, but you can watch the trailer here. I loved it so much and with the other trailers and featurettes, i saved them to my Powerbook so i can watch them over and over again till it comes out soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
I'm a bit skeptical about this movie. From the previews it looks like it'll be about as good as Freddy vs Jason from last summer....and that was a pretty crappy movie. No Arnold, no Sigourney Weaver.....no stars. However, I will probably still see it, I loved both series of movies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I will go see it but have pretty low expectations....One of the beauties of Alien is going back to the original now and laughing at how terrible the effects are compared to todays standards....but for when it came out it was amazing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Dunno about AvP the movie, but the game was pretty pathetic on the Mac...

I

Icarus

that looks so terrible...sorry. I can't get past "they're using us as baits"
Oh well. To each his own, yes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That and the "you ugly....son of a....." part is straight from the first predator.

OP
citystar2k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think the movie's got potential. The problem is that we're using the old movies as benchmarks when this is a total different thing. Yes, same old Aliens and Predator but in a movie together, definitely something new, and i reckon it can be carried off. Just look at the movies coming out over three/four years ago, nothing memorable there, now look from that point onwards, we got the Matrix Trilogy, The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, too many good movies to mention. Here's a fight scene between the two.

OP
citystar2k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd say it's evens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
My hunch is that the marines everntually win coz they make Aliens and preds compete against each other and then kill whoever is left

T

TylerMoney

I wanted to see it today; that didn't work out. I think it'll be pretty sweet...might not have a very good plot or anything..but it has to be better than the 4th aliens, and predetor 2.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Overrated.

Move on, there's nothing to see here.

P

pedXing

I really want to see it....but due to the fact of Hurricane Charlie (we live in Daytona Beach....we were right in its path(the eye went over us)) the movie theatre is closed for a while...I LOVE the Alien and the Predator series...and i thought the videogame was totally kool!!!

A

Anna

LOL I watched a pirate copy of this film today.

It was recorded in an American cinema I think... all the Americans were "WHOO!"ping and laughing and being generally American. They kept clapping as well. It was scary.

The film itself was alright, nice and slimy. i haven't seen the original films... I think that the thing it had in the middle about Predators being Gods is a good concept, and one that I kinda agree with :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Being American? Stereotype much?

A

Anna

Heh, I don't mean to stereotype but DANG they were an American audience!

I didn't realise that people clapped all the way through... in England people are quiet during films and get shushed if they're not.

Twas nice to see another way of doing things :p

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Are you saying you don't talk to the characters on the screen, during the movie (i.e. Don't go in the room, he's behind the door. Don't go in the room... I told you don't go in the room). lol lol :p

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Or in a scary movie, where the theater is very quiet. You scream and scare the hold theater.

P

pedXing

Dude...i live in America and every theatre ive been in, people dont clap or shout or anything. Everyone is always quiet. I dunno what you're smokin', but it aint America(well...mabe out west or down south in Hillbilly world...LOL), anways I just saw the movie today, w00t GO PREDATORS!!!! W00T!!

T

TylerMoney

Some Americans do this, but not that often. And I don't think it's an american thing....wooping and hollering....I think that's a pretty wordly thing....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.