Will this drive fit my iMac?

Reaction score
Hi all

First post, first time I've had an issue with any of my Macs. Obviously ;)

I got the 'this disc is failing' message in Disc Utility, so I'm looking for a replacement drive before it dies (and backing up- I love Time Machine.)

So will this, fit a 3.06Ghz Core Duo 2 iMac, 4GB RAM, Running 10.6.2?

My warranty has expired, so I'm going to do the repairs myself (don't worry, I know how to) I just want to make sure it will fit and work before I go ahead and buy it.

Thanks guys :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Yes, a 3.5" SATA drive is what your Mac takes. Don't skimp and get a 5400k drive though. :)

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes, a 3.5" SATA drive is what your Mac takes. Don't skimp and get a 5400k drive though. :)

Awesome! Just what I want to hear :) I actually have my eye on the 7200rpm ;) It'll be worth the extra. Just another slightly off topic question, do when it is fitted I just put my disc in and it'll install automatically?

Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Awesome! Just what I want to hear :) I actually have my eye on the 7200rpm ;) It'll be worth the extra. Just another slightly off topic question, do when it is fitted I just put my disc in and it'll install automatically?

Thanks again

You will need to boot to the install DVD, go to disk utility and partition and format the drive. Make sure to choose GPT and the partition scheme. Once this is done you can move on with the setup and it will handle it all until it is ready to reboot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.