Address book

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
On my mac the address book has one address book (on my mac) which syncs with my personal gmail account. I Need to also sync my google apps contacts to another on my mac address book to prevent my two accounts mixing. Is this possible as i have tried and found it impossible. Any help or hacks as I am willing to try anything.

As far as i can tell the mac only lets you have one address book per user.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Reaction score
While you have one "address book" you can have several accounts, sorta like in Mail or any other email client. Just go into Preferences>Accounts and set up a separate one for the Google Apps account. Once you've added it hit the little ribbon thingee and select the account you want to view.

Or you could use an alternative to Address Book, something like SOHO Organizer. It lets you select different accounts in the sidebar and does lots of other nice stuff.

Rob

OP
M
Reaction score
While you have one "address book" you can have several accounts, sorta like in Mail or any other email client. Just go into Preferences>Accounts and set up a separate one for the Google Apps account. Once you've added it hit the little ribbon thingee and select the account you want to view.

Or you could use an alternative to Address Book, something like SOHO Organizer. It lets you select different accounts in the sidebar and does lots of other nice stuff.

Rob

Hi,
Thanks for your help. I tried what you said above but with my gmail and google apps there is no option in the accounts settings to select contacts. I can only sync the on my mac address book with gmail or google apps. It will only let me do one and I need it to do both. Is there any other way this could be done. I need the address book integrated on my iPhone and computer address book for use with mail.app.
Thanks for your help so far.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.