My wireless printing won't work

Reaction score
My Imac did previously work wirelessly through my home network - the printer is an HP 6830, the network has changed since then to Verizon Fios - but I've just spent many hours trying to accomplish wireless/network printing again with no luck.

I do have both the network and wireless icons lit up on the printer. I've run out of remedies to try on my computer. I ran the report from the printer, but not sure what to do with the wealth of info. it produced... The printer status says 'idle'.

Help! This computer is too big for a 118 lb. female to carry into the next room every time she needs to print :)

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When switching over to Verizon FIOS, some things have to be setup again. The best thing to do is completely remove the HP and its software and start over with a new install. Be sure to use the HP uninstaller. If your wireless communication is working OK for everything else, the printer is the only thing you would want to reinstall. Leave all the other settings alone.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks...I never even thought of that! I'll give it a try!

OP
M
Reaction score
There is no uninstaller for this printer on my computer. I've done all manner of searches and also tried to download one from hp.com. No luck. I was able to match up all of the data from the printer (IP address, DNS server, etc.) to the computer; it all matches.

Wow--I'm really baffled. But thank you for trying to help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.