GTA San Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Pro 13" Precision Aluminium Unibody 2.3GHz i5 320gb;5400rpm
With the recent release of the GTA Trilogy on the Mac App Store (GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas available separately for £10.49) I thought I might go on the safe side and get San Andreas off the App Store instead of Pirate Bay. But I think San Andreas is nothing without it's cheats. So does anyone know if San Andreas have any cheats or does it work with windows cheat's ?:Blushing:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
All of the cheat codes appear to be for the PS2. Perhaps you can check out this LINK which may lead to other sources.

Reaction score
Getting San Andreas off Pirate Bay to "be on the safe side" doesn't sound legal to me.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting San Andreas off Pirate Bay to "be on the safe side" doesn't sound legal to me.

I said getting it off the Mac App Store to be on the safe side. :Confused:

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All of the cheat codes appear to be for the PS2. Perhaps you can check out this LINK which may lead to other sources.

I meant to say would the cheats for San Andreas PC work for the version of the Mac App Store.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am eventually going to grab that from the App Store as I LOVE GTA. I am sure the PC Cheats will work but maybe different key combos on OSX though. Will see what I can find out. The OSX versions just came out so it might take a while.

I have never been a large fan of the Cheats and like to win the game on my own, but did use the one where the fast Motorcycle came out of the sky! :D I love riding around on it full speed! :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The cheat codes should work for the Mac version same as the PC version. I have both the original PC and now Mac version of Doom and the cheat codes are the same. Of course GTA could be different but I don't think so. Let us know if they work.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just purchased San Andreas from the App Store as my PC version is VERY pick what hardware it runs on and my newest gaming rig crashes trying to even start it. I know there is a work around but I figured this way I could try GTA on my iMac and help the OP at the same time!

After dinner I will try it and get back!!

I own every GTA game that I know of including the Liberty City Episodes. Love that game! :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, Oh, now you got me hooked. How am I supposed to get any work done if I'm playing Doom and GTA? Now where is that Boss key? :p

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Am downloading Vice City as I type this. Love that one a lot. :D

Sorry for getting you hooked Chscag! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Are the graphics on the GTA games any better than their PC counterparts, or just the same? I bought the 3 pack (GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas) for the PC for $9.99 a while back. I've played them when I boot my iMac into Windows but the graphics are pretty poor. I suspect it's just the games themselves though.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys now I'm just deciding which two 2 buy (San Andreas & 3 or San Andreas & Vice City) lol once I get my £25 iTunes card. I want to leave over the £4 to buy some handy apps (anyone know any fun apps under £4). dtravis 7 - Is it a total CPU hog (as some people have reviewed) or do you think it will run well on the latest MacBook Pro 13" Unibody with 4GB of Ram and a 2.3ghz processor ? Thanks again everyone ! :p

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am eventually going to grab that from the App Store as I LOVE GTA. I am sure the PC Cheats will work but maybe different key combos on OSX though. Will see what I can find out. The OSX versions just came out so it might take a while.

I have never been a large fan of the Cheats and like to win the game on my own, but did use the one where the fast Motorcycle came out of the sky! :D I love riding around on it full speed! :D

:p Lol I use the cheat where when you bump into a car it flys away .....

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your machine has about the same specs than my 2007 iMac. Memory is 128 Megs at the beginning of the game, CPU was at 50% on each core. Vice City is as smooth as can be. As smooth as any PC I have played it on. San Andreas was a bit more intensive maybe as it tended to be a bit choppy here and there. Might be a bug with it and lion but was still very playable. I was the most impressed with Vice City though. Just like the PC one I own. I will probably get 3 also as soon as I am sure I am getting the $$$ I am owed!

Had a blast playing them over again on my Mac! Look great on the iMacs display.

If it were me, I would get GTA 3 and Vice City if I had to pick.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your machine has about the same specs than my 2007 iMac. Memory is 128 Megs at the beginning of the game, CPU was at 50% on each core. Vice City is as smooth as can be. As smooth as any PC I have played it on. San Andreas was a bit more intensive maybe as it tended to be a bit choppy here and there. Might be a bug with it and lion but was still very playable. I was the most impressed with Vice City though. Just like the PC one I own. I will probably get 3 also as soon as I am sure I am getting the $$$ I am owed!

Had a blast playing them over again on my Mac! Look great on the iMacs display.

If it were me, I would get GTA 3 and Vice City if I had to pick.

Ok thanks - so I am thinking of upgrading my Mac. Should I upgrade to 8GB of memory or an i7 processor ?:Mischievous:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.