When Friends Say...

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but every time I even say the word iPad people say ,"Oh, it's just a big iPod Touch." At first I didn't have a good reply but now I compare it to flatscreen tv's. I say it's like saying a 40 inch tv is just a big 10 inch tv , and then they start to see things my way. Hopes this helps people:)

Reaction score
I like the IPad but that is pretty much what it is, what is the big deal anyway?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
I was anti- iPad until I saw it in action.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PC Baby!
The simple truth is, many people just don't "get it". Many think they need a full on OS like OSX, Windows or even Linux. One of then things I like about my iPad is the fact that it is not my desktop in another form factor. I can do 95% of the things I do on s bloated, over kill computer on my pad. In other words my day to day web, email, games, photos, music, video...etc. I now use my desktop for just music creation and photoshop. Everything else I do, I do on my pad. Pad is very portage, fast and stable. It makes the keyboard and mouse seem old school.

People don.t see it, but devices like the iPad are the future. It will take them a while, but as the years unfold, they will get it. Most homes don't need a traditional commuter, they need a personal computing device...... Like the iPad, and the many variants to come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS
This is I say when people say its a big iPod Touch

Lols funny how 99% of you people who complain about the iPad have not even touched one for themselves and yet they complain about it.
You guys need to see that the iPad is NOT ABOUT THE SPEC's. Its on the experience on using the iPad.
The iPad is NOT necessary but its fun to use and thats what Apple was planing on it for. It is also something NOT to be compared to a Labtop, it is not suspose to replace that genre.
Dont say the product sucks because its a overgrown iPod Touch, so what? Does that mean it sucks? No, its fun to use but its not necessary.
Its something you need to see and play with your own hands (yes yes, thats what she said rolleyes.gif ) to really see what its like, rather then the specs and pure thoughts through the internet.
Look at the iPhone when it first came out and the negative things people said, look at it now.

Well not in real life but on the forums.

Reaction score
At first, I wasn't interested when I read it was nothing more than a big Ipod Touch. Then I gave it some thought. I love my Ipod Touch. A bigger one would be fantastic. I have ordered the 3g and hope it ships next week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
To the original poster.

I see your reasoning for why you do not think it is just a bigger ipod touch.
But personally I think in many ways it is just a big ipod touch. And that's why I think the ipad is cool. Well one of the ways :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
It's true, it is a big iPod touch. But the iPod touch is a fantastic device in itself, a bigger one is even better :p. And it seems to be the only device where the phrase "The whole web in your hands" applies perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Your new reply should be:

"And how is that a bad thing" then wait for them to come up with another brilliant quip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
They'll probably say it costs more, to which you can say "duh, bigger screen!". For further comments, see the OP's respond above. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Even though I sold mine, It's still a really cool device. It's not for everyone and like the other post' above it's not a replacement of anything else nor is it a necessity.

Like everyone else said, So what if it's a giant iPod Touch at $499 it's not a bad price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Your new reply should be:

"And how is that a bad thing" then wait for them to come up with another brilliant quip.

That's pretty much my response to people. I like the OS, I would love for it to be on a bigger screen. Hence, the iPad :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.