Missing Photos with iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz iPhone 3G 16GB
I have recently moved from windows to my Mac and love it, however I'm having problems with missing photos in iPhotos.

I have imported all my old photos to iPhoto from folders on my desktop. Most photos have been imported ok, however there are a few now showing the missing photo icon. Looking at the iPhoto help it explains the photos are not in the iPhoto library folder (they are) and to re import them (which I have several times!) When re importing the photos it then show them a duplicates! However as soon as I close iPhoto they disappear.

I have removed all traces of the photos from the iPhoto and the iPhoto library folder and tried again but to no avail.

Any body else had this problem and how did you get round it? Is there a problem with the actual photos.

Help!

GP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
If the thumbnails show up in iPhoto have you tried this

Click on thumbnail----Go to Photos (On menu bar)---Then choose Revert to original

It worked for me when something similar happen to me I had the thumbnail and when I clicked on it to edit I got the "!"

OP
Ginger Pilot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz iPhone 3G 16GB
Thanks for your advice, however when I tried what you suggested the revert to original opinion is not available, it's in light grey.

Anybody else?

GP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
You have to click on the thumbnail in iphoto first.. it should highlight blue

You could also import the pictures by Dragging them on to the iPhoto icon as I do somtimes

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.