Entourage Exchange at home

Reaction score
I'm a teacher, and the tech people at my school set up my school e-mail through Entourage. This is awesome when I'm at school, but for some reason Entourage can only "connect to Exchange" when I'm at school, which means I have to go through the school website (and a thousand other steps) to check my e-mail at home. How can I fix this so that I can receive and send e-mail through Entourage from home?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
TL ; DR - Best to ask your tech people. It is possible to access Exchange offsite but it has to be setup - so only your tech people would know if you could access it from offsite.

Long answer - most IT setup Exchange behind a firewall so usually you need a VPN to get a mail client to see the exchange server. Newer versions of Exchange server have web based protocols so you can get to the Exchange server without a VPN - but again the specific setup only your IT people would know - and this isn't always turned on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.