AppleCare?

Reaction score
If there is no Apple store near me then how do I get the help I need? If something goes wrong with my computer do I have to ship it out and have to wait weeks for it to get repaired?
Is it even worth buying the AppleCare?

Thanks

S

sursuciofla

Depends on how paranoid you are, so if it makes you feel better then buy it. I personally never buy extended warranties just because electronics usually have problems in the first year, which 1yr warranties are usually standard with most electronics. The money you save over your lifetime from avoiding these things adds up.

I have Apple Store like an hour and a half away from me. I would rather ship it than drive though because it is free to ship it and they ship it back free. Now in most cases you will get it back within a week but in some cases it can take longer depending on the problem or part. I think if you take it to an Apple Store, depending on the problem they ship it off anyways.

As far as Applecare question I say no, it's not worth it. Of course you will get people here who swear by it and will tell you it is worth it. Either way, hope you are happy with whatever decision you do make.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks so much for answering my question! :)
I'm planning on ordering my MacBook from the apple website, and say in 3 months from now I decide I want to buy the Apple Care plan, can I still do it?

OP
S
Reaction score
You're great! Thanks for answering my questions so quickly!

If you don't mind, I have one more question! lol

Do you think it would be wise to upgrade the MacBook from 512 MB to 1GB right away from the Apple website? Or is the 512MB enough? I'm only planning on using my computer for school, and personal photos and my music collection (which isn't very big)

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
512 should do you just fine!

S

sursuciofla

No you are fine with the stock 512. I suggest not buying ram from apple because it tends to be a little overpriced. If you one day want to upgrade ram then buy 3rd party and install it yourself or get somebody you know to do it. It isn't hard and instructions are in the manual that comes with computer. I have bought ram from Archmemory.com, some people like Crucial. Lots of places though to buy it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, Dual Proc 2.6GHz
I would recommend the Applecare for the laptops and iPods.

and agree with the others about installing extra ram yourself.

S

sursuciofla

Just to note before I leave work...I have had my laptop for two years and no problems at all. I carry it almost everyday. I practically beg it to kill over with all the apps I run but it still kicks. One more year and the Applecare would have been a waste. Still a waste since it is usually 25% to 33% of cost anyways. I would just buy me a new one then. So that's it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.