Parallel to USB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
My wife's iMac Intel is to be delivered next week, but the issue I have is that our Panasonic Laser Printer KXP-4410 (which is an older printer, but it works great) is a parallel cable. I have seen parallel to USB converter cables available, has anyone tried these with any luck, or do I need to get her a new USB printer?

B

Badger

I used a Belkin USB-parallel cable with an Epson inkjet printer for several years without problems.

OP
Dillinger-63
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Badger said:
I used a Belkin USB-parallel cable with an Epson inkjet printer for several years without problems.

Was it an older printer, and did your Mac find it with no problems, or did you need to load drivers manually?

B

Badger

It was a 600 stylus photo under OS 9. The drivers had to be installed. It was carried over to OS X on the same computer when I upgraded from 9 to X. I don't remember the specifics of the drivers under X but I think it was found automatically. It might be worthwhile to check Apple's or Panasonic's site to see if you can get any info about drivers for your printer.

OP
Dillinger-63
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Badger said:
It was a 600 stylus photo under OS 9. The drivers had to be installed. It was carried over to OS X on the same computer when I upgraded from 9 to X. I don't remember the specifics of the drivers under X but I think it was found automatically. It might be worthwhile to check Apple's or Panasonic's site to see if you can get any info about drivers for your printer.

Will do, thanks for the info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.