• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Flip4Mac won't work

Reaction score
I have installed Flip4Mac on my Macbook Pro. I can open up the .wmv file but when I hit the carrot to start the film it goes on but then directly stops. I can even see the title page. It is very frustrating and I am new to mac so any help provided is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Al

C

chas_m

The WMV files load in a linear fashion, unlike most other formats where you can IMMEDIATELY jump forward or back or "scrub" through the film. This means that if its a long film or HD, you will have a wait a few minutes for the film to load sufficiently that you won't encounter any stoppage while it continues to load.

This is why I hate WMV.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.