Powerbook or iBook

I

iPodMiniLover

I've been looking into a new Apple laptop. I've always had Dells, but I want a change. I don't know much about the differences of the iBook and Powerbook. I want a 12 inch that I will use for web browsing, e mail, homework (word documents). Which one is for me?

P.S. I heard a new Powerbook is coming out soon....what about a new iBook, and should I wait for it?

OP
I

IChing

Seems to me that your question is which you can afford? My college daughter has a ibook and does music with it plus the things you discribed. Memory is important and must be considered it the price because a ibook with 1gig ram will outperform a pb with 256.

OP
?

)(*

Unless your going to be doing a little gaming or video editing, get the iBook. If your going to be doing what i just listed, get the powerbook.

PS: battery life on the iBook is AMAZING!
my Powerbook, if im lucky, gets about 4 hours.

i use a 12 inch with 512MB ram and superdrive

OP
I

iPodMiniLover

Well, money is pretty limited, and I was leaning toward the iBook in the first place. I think I'll be getting a 12 in. Thanks for your help!

OP
I

iPodMiniLover

Oh ya, two more small questions.

Can the iBook wirelessly find your printer, and does that need the Bluetooth thing?
Do the iBook's keys light up?

OP
T

tariq

Yes, you just have to set the printer up once in OSX--no it doesn't need Bluetooth. Only the 15" and 17" PowerBooks have illuminated keyboards.

OP
S

SamR

I got the powerbook because I liked the option of recording my own instruments through garageband. Now I like the idea of saving money on an ibook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.