Problem with Keynote

Reaction score
Was in process of making a slideshow but ran into a problem. When you first start working with it, there is the usual "Double Click to Edit" notice in both frames. So I double-clicked and dragged the picture I wanted into the first block. That part went ok but the words "Double Click, etc" did not go away. No matter what I do they keep coming back along with the picture. Anyone else have this problem??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Those should just be the default text boxes...they'll be there in editing mode unless you add text. They shouldn't appear when presenting.

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
Those should just be the default text boxes...they'll be there in editing mode unless you add text. They shouldn't appear when presenting.

Sorry for delay in answering but have been swamped! Thanks for the reply - but it still does it. I saved what I had done and when I re-opened it - the text was still there running behind the picture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 MBP, 3gb ram, not enough disk space, iPod Classic, iPhone, techno-addiction
You don't need to put the images in the boxes that say Double Click to Edit, those are areas reserved for text. Just delete them altogether or else choose a frame specifically designed for an image. If you did put text in the box and it's going over the image, you can: a) resize the box so it's to the left/right/top/bottom of the image, or b) Delete the text box altogether, or c)Send to Back the text (not recommended, it'd be ugly) so it's behind the image. Don't try to place the image directly in the text box though, you can drag and drop an image virtually anywhere you want on the screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.