iChat to AIM Window XP Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2ghz Core Duo 2gb Ram 160gb Hard Drive
Here is my dilema. I'm trying to connect with my parents via video chat with sound. My father has a Dell Inspiron with a Microsoft camera. He is running Windows Xp Pro With SP2 and all the updates. I have osx 10.4.7 with all the updates. Now we cant get connected with ichat and aim 5.5, 5.9 and Trilion. We established a connection with yahoo chat but, its slow for frame rates and there is no audio. Alot of people say that 5.5 would work but, it doesnt. I have tried so many options but no cigar. I researched the web and I get the problem but no answer. Anybody please help me. and if it helps I have a macbook core duo 2.0 ghz. I would really appreciate the help very much.

Reaction score
Pulse-8 said:
All I can suggest is to try Adium X.....

http://www.adiumx.com/

Update.....Adium X's lack of Audio/Video support:

A student is currently working with Google to write the code needed to integrate video/audio into Adium. The students project consists of developing the integration of Jingle/Audio in Adium X (Jingle is an extension that enables VoiP) and developing a general purpose framework for Audio/Video, with a tight integration with QuickTime and other Mac-related technologies.

Getting back to your issue, is this the first time you have tried to do video/chat?
I'm wondering if this has worked for you in the past and suddenly stopped working....
Do you have a Jabber account?
If you do, then have you tried tried connecting to your father via MSN?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont have a jabber account. I do have iChat and aim through iChat. MSN on mac doesnt support video and the frame rates are horrible just like yahoo and no it has never worked ever. Thanks for everybody support

Reaction score
websyndicate said:
I dont have a jabber account. I do have iChat and aim through iChat. MSN on mac doesnt support video and the frame rates are horrible just like yahoo and no it has never worked ever. Thanks for everybody support

If you get a jabber account then you can video/chat through iChat with your father on his PC if he uses MSN..

1. Mac + iChat + Jabber.
2. PC + MSN.
3. Video chat.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will try that then thanks

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac Skype Beta and Skype PC are capable of handeling this process. Just relesase skype video for mac yesterday.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.