Help! 2010 Mac Mini, horrible Flash performance

Reaction score
I'm getting horrible flash performance in full screen. using latest version of Flash from adobe.com and in 1080p resolution

This is a recent thing, about a month or so.

i've tried unchecking hardware acceleration, still horrible. Jumping video and lag. Is there anything I can do?? I've used the mac mini to watch tv online, streaming nhl games, soccer, etc. And now it's unwatchable!! Help!

Thanks
david

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Is it smoother in lower resolutions? Such as 720p?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Are you certain this is an issue with the client device and not your ISP? I've yet to run into a service that streams in 1080P (not saying that it doesn't exist), but even if I did, that would consume a significant amount of bandwidth both for the client and the server side. You'd have to have a very healthy Internet connection - and if you've got more than one client on the network downloading from the Internet simultaneously, that could certainly cause some stuttering and performance loss - even on a solid 25Mb connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.